Water Damage Facts & Statistics
- 14,000 homeowners deal with a water damage daily in the US
- 37% Of homeowners have suffered losses related to water damage
- The average water heater water damage claim is more than $6,965
- 75% of water heaters fail within 10 years
- The average claim severity for South Region states was 28% higher than the North Region states.
- Of the water supply hose failures resulting in water loss claims, 78% involved washing machines that were less than 11 years old. Of these failures, 54% occurred in washing machines between eight and 10 years of age.
- 250 gallons of water can be lost in a single day from 1/8 Inch crack in a pipe
- Water heaters located on the first floor of a home accounted for 33% greater loss than those in basements. Which for South Florida homeowners means a Water Damage Claim involving a water heater can be particularly damaging.
- Water damage insurance claims have increased by 46% in Florida in the past 5 years alone.
- Approximately 9% of all water heater failures occurred in unoccupied homes and resulted in 49% higher claims, which is another factor unique to South Florida as we have a higher number of second homes and “snow-birds” than most other regions of the country.
Sentry Public Adjusting has years of experience helping property owners across South Florida get the most value out of their water damage insurance claims. Whether you’ve just experienced water damage, are dealing with a denied water damage insurance claim, or are picking up the pieces after a hurricane, Sentry Public adjusting is here to make sure you’re protected. Maximize your water damage insurance claim, by scheduling a FREE damage insurance assessment today.
Request A FREE Inspection
Understanding Your Water Damage Insurance Coverage
Most homeowners will have a hard time accurately understanding what specifically is covered under their homeowner’s insurance policy, and how to best handle a water damage insurance claim. Knowing how to get the insurance companies to pay for water damage isn’t always as simple as your insurance provider will make it seem. Having a water damage adjuster from Sentry Public Adjusting assisting with your water damage claims on average translates to a significantly better claim payout.
Water Damage Often Creates Mold Damage
Water damage typically creates mold damage, which can create numerous health hazards. With South Florida’s tropical climate and intense heat, water damage claims left unmitigated can quite often turn into massive mold issues. Homeowner’s insurance claims having to do with water damage typically involves pipe leaks, rain damage, storm and hurricane damage. When it comes to rain, Florida received an estimated 63 inches in 2016 alone. Another factor that can greatly influence the extent of water damage to your home is the age and condition of your home. Many water damage claims are made worse by the following characteristics of old homes:
- Older roofs or roofs that were built before major hurricane codes were put into place.
- Older or outdated plumbing and drainage systems
- Outdated electrical systems
- Insufficient Hurricane Protection such as shutters, hurricane windows, or preparedness.
What Does Our Public Adjusting Process Look Like
Our process begins with a FREE in-home inspection of the damage to your home and property. This can be fairly involved. Our in-home appraisals COST NOTHING up front, and we’re available at your convenience to inspect water damage. Our water damage insurance adjusting services will cover the following:
- Evaluate existing insurance policies to determine what coverage may apply to your claim
- Inspect, and document all damages to structures, contents, and any other additional damages that may have been incurred. We will schedule an inspection with one of our estimators who will come and do a thorough inspection of your home or business and substantiate all damages further. The estimator inspection is a vital part of the claims process that greatly benefits your claim to get you the maximum amount for your damages.
- Evaluate business interruption losses and extra expense claims for businesses
- Determine values for settling covered damages
- Prepare, document, and support the claim on behalf of the insured
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company on behalf of an insured
- Re-open a claim and negotiate for more money if a discrepancy is found after the claim has been settled
Why Sentry Public Adjusters?
Sentry Public Adjusters understands that dealing with home damages is no easy feat; we know the stress and worry that come with the financial burdens and the plethora of paperwork involved with water damage insurance claims. We understand that your family is focused on picking up the pieces after facing flooding or water damage. We believe that you are entitled to have your property in the original condition, and we represent you to achieve that. Let Sentry help make your house, back into your home.
Request A FREE Inspection