Mold Damage Facts and Statistics
- Higher-than-normal indoor humidity levels can lead to the growth of mold. Keeping your indoor humidity below 45% can help control the growth of mold.
- Recent studies have linked early mold exposure to the development of asthma in some children.
- In 2016, Florida received 63 inches of rain. Water is the growth source of mold.
- Florida has been affected by more hurricanes than any other state in the U.S.
- Mold infestations can cause rotting wood or walls, and can lead to the condemnation of a house.
- Mold is naturally occurring in the indoor and outdoor world; the spores will only grow when given an optimal environment
- The national average cost of mold remediation is $2,239.
- Mold can begin growing in just 24 hours.
- Not all mold damage is visible.
- Maintenance related mold damage is often not covered by homeowner’s insurance policies.
Request a FREE Inspection
What Does Your Mold Damage Insurance Cover?
If you experience mold damage in your home from water damage, from a hurricane , flood or any other covered claim, your mold damage will be considered in the total compensation of your claim. Coverage from a mold damage claim may be minimal without the help of professionals. Submitting your claim without the help of Sentry Public Adjusting can result in the primary insurance claim being paid out but being left with thousands of dollars in mold damage remediation that wasn’t paid for.
Filing a claim for mold damage that isn’t due to another covered claim falls in a grey area of most homeowner’s insurance policies. If you live in a high humidity area, such as South Florida, mold can be a massive problem in your home. When proper precautionary measures aren’t taken, mold damage can be discounted as a maintenance issue in your home and can lead to inadequate compensation by a water damage insurance claim.
Sentry Public Adjusting can properly assess the mold damage in your house to make sure you get the best coverage and payout from your homeowner’s insurance policy. We know the dangers of mold damage and just how extensive thorough remediation can be. There is no substitute for professional remediation and preventative measures to ensure to keep the mold at bay.
Important Things to Know About Mold Damage
Dealing with mold damage can be dangerous as a homeowner. Most don’t realize how extensive mold remediation can truly be. Mold can be toxic and can start growing in as little as 24 hours. If you suffer damages from a hurricane and are forced to evacuate, your home can quickly turn into a moldy environment of disastrous proportions.
When attempting to assess the mold damage in your home, it is best to have an experienced professional do it. Mold damage is nothing to take lightly and should be left to a professional. All of this can quickly turn into an extensive and expensive clean-up that you are left paying for if not properly assessed and handled by an experienced public adjuster. At Sentry Public Adjusting, we fight for you to get the most compensation from your mold damage insurance claim. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention mold exposure can cause:
- Nasal stuffiness
- Throat irritation
- Coughing or wheezing
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation
- Serious lung infections
- Upper respiratory tract symptoms
- Asthma symptoms in people with asthma
- Acute idiopathic pulmonary hemorrhage among infants
- Memory loss
Urgency is extremely important when dealing with mold. Mold has long-term health consequences for those who live in its presence. Call Sentry Public Adjusting immediately to begin handling your mold claim.
What Does our Insurance Claim Adjustment Process Look Like?
The process begins with a FREE in-depth evaluation and inspection of the mold damages to your home. This is an extensive process due to how mold damage can infiltrate unsuspecting places in your home. The attention to detail in our mold damage inspection is to ensure that your home is properly evaluated. There is NO COST to you up-front for the inspection and can be scheduled at your convenience. We correctly document all mold damages and oversee the submitting of the mold damages claim. Sentry’s mold damage adjustment services are as such:
- A fine-toothed combing of your homeowner’s insurance policy to see what your coverage is for mold damages that have occurred.
- Evaluate in detail and substantiate all losses, replacement costs if the damage is not repairable, and additional expenses from mold damage.
- A Sentry estimator will also go to your home to perform an inspection and estimate and substantiate all of the damages to your home.
- Calculate losses from business interruptions and additional expense claims for businesses.
- Present all information collected from inspection, evaluation and the mold damage claim to your insurance company.
- Advocate with your insurance company on your behalf.
Why Choose Sentry Public Adjusting?
We know the pride and responsibility that comes with being a homeowner. When your home is damaged you may feel at a loss. We know the stress and turmoil that comes after the initial shock of mold damage to your home. Sentry will advocate for you to ensure that you get the most compensation from your homeowner’s insurance claim. We want to help return your home to its original beauty.
Request a FREE Inspection