Hurricane Damage Facts and Statistics
- Hurricane Categories (1-5) are categorized on their strongest wind.
- Even with Hurricane Insurance Coverage, you could still not be covered for flooding damages.
- Storm surges are one of the most dangerous parts of a hurricane and cause extensive damage from flooding; homeowner’s insurance doesn’t cover flooding.
- Your insurance company can charge you a special deductible for hurricane damage in Florida
- Hurricanes fall under the category of windstorm damage on most insurance policies.
- 40% of all U.S hurricanes hit the state of Florida.
- $3.1 billion worth of claims were made in 2017 after Hurricane Irma hit Florida.
- There were 18 named storms in the 2017 hurricane season.
Hurricanes are the most dangerous natural disasters that strike the U.S. Florida gets hit with almost half of the hurricanes each year. Let Sentry Public Adjusting help you when the time comes to make your hurricane damage insurance claim; we have the experience to help you receive fair compensation to rebuild your home.
Request A FREE Inspection
What Does Your Hurricane Damage Insurance Cover?
In Florida, most of the hurricane damage insurance policies are covered under windstorm insurance, this leaves room for questions on the part of the homeowner. What is and what isn’t included? Will all my damages fall under a windstorm category? How can I prevent some damages? Most homeowner’s insurance have an anti-concurrent causation clause in them.
An anti-concurrent causation clause usually reads something similar “We do not insure for such loss regardless of a) the cause of the excluded event: or b) other causes of the loss: or c) whether other causes acted concurrently or in any sequence with the excluded event to produce the loss.”
Crucial Things to Know About Hurricane Damage Claims
Your initial contact with your insurance company is critical. This contact can be the difference between your claim being paid or getting denied. Properly documenting and differentiating between belongings and property that can be repaired versus replaced can be overwhelming. The many stipulations and the extent of the damage all come into consideration at this point in the hurricane damage insurance claim.
The complexity and time-consuming tasks can be taken off your hands by Sentry Public Adjusting. It’s hard to properly calculate what amount will effectively cover all the damages to your home. It may seem like enough but when it could require so much more including out of home living expenses, it can seem like an impossible feat to get through. Let us help you navigate your hurricane damage insurance claim.
Request A FREE Inspection