Fire Damage and Associated Damages Facts and Statistics
- U.S Fire Departments responded to an average of 358,500 structure fires per year between 2011-2015.
- In 2016 50.3% of residential building fires were a result of cooking.
- In an average lifetime, your household has a 1 in 4 chance of having a house fire large enough to be reported to a fire department.
- Smoking in bedrooms is the 3rd most common reason for a house fire.
- There are approximately 982 house fires a day in America.
- In 2015 there were 3,362 fatalities from fires in the U.S.
- U.S fire departments respond to an average of one house fire every 86 seconds.
- Homes can also have smoke, soot, and ash damage resulting from a fire.
- Smoke from a house fire even if it’s a small fire can damage the structure of your home.
Knowing the facts of how extensively a fire can damage your home is only part of the battle. Your home owner’s insurance may only cover the initial damage from the fire. There’s still a laundry list of expensive cleanups and other precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the structure. With Sentry Public Adjusters on your side, we will make sure you get the most for your fire damage insurance claim to restore your home and be able to afford all repairs.
Request a FREE Inspection
What does your Fire Damage Insurance Cover?
While most homeowner’s insurance policies will cover fire damage claims, it is important that your claim also includes smoke damage and other damages resulting from the fire. The process of going through an insurance claim for soot, ash, or smoke damage can be an arduous process. Without properly distinguishing the level of damage to your home, you can be left with the unpaid cost due to smoke and soot damage
Filing claims for smoke, soot, or ash damage can be confusing and may result in denied claims. The damage from the smoke itself must be professionally cleaned. Also, parts of your house may have to be replaced since smoke can damage the structure of your home; this is aside from dark staining and unpleasant lingering odors.
Important Things to Know About Fire Damage
When dealing with fire damage there are so many other factors to take into consideration; such as the resulting water damage from extinguishing flames, is there now mold damage from the water and how to properly clean the soot and smoke damaged items. Even during the clean-up, breathing in soot can cause lung deficiencies and even death. The safest route to pursue is having everything cleaned by professionals who are equipped and trained to handle smoke and soot damage.
This can all add up very quickly and become a much more expensive hassle than anticipated; insurance companies tend to want to pay the minimum for damages whenever possible. This can have you left with numerous bills that should have been taken care of through the insurance claim. Starting with Sentry Public Adjusters can eliminate many problems before they start; we work with you, for you.
Why Sentry Public Adjusters?
Sentry Public Adjusters understands that dealing with home damages is no easy feat; we know the stress and worry that come with the financial burdens and the plethora of paperwork involved with fire damage insurance claims. We understand that your family is focused on picking up the pieces after a devastating house fire. We believe that you are entitled to have your property in the original condition, and we represent you to achieve that. Let Sentry help make your house, back into your home.
Request a FREE Inspection