Air Conditioning Leak Facts
- In humid climates such as Florida, the air conditioner can put out 20 gallons of water into the drain pipe per day.
- A clogged condensate drain line is the most common cause of water damage from your AC unit.
- Dirty air filters can also cause your air conditioning unit to leak, it causes ice to form on the evaporator coils, and when the coils return to a normal temperature, the ice melts and can cause water damage.
- If your overflow pan is broken, damaged or missing the water will overflow and can cause water damage while your air conditioning is running.
- A broken coil overflow safety switch won’t be trigged, your air conditioning will continue to run and will cause water damage from the coil overflow pan.
- A lack of maintenance on your air conditioning unit can also cause water damage. If your unit isn’t routinely checked many issues can arise from normal wear and tear; especially in older units.
- If the pitch of your condensate line is incorrect, the water will not flow out properly and can cause water damage in your home.
These are just some of the more common ways that your air conditioning unit can cause water damage to your home. After you have your air conditioning leak fixed, call Sentry Public Adjusting. We can help you file your claim to your homeowner’s insurance for water damage. Don’t allow your home to sit with water damage; let us help you rectify your damage quickly.
Does Your Homeowner’s Insurance Cover Your Air Conditioning?
Your homeowner’s insurance may or may not cover the repairs to your air conditioning, but they should cover the water damage caused by the air conditioning. Insurance companies can be finicky about your coverages when it can possibly fall under homeowner’s neglect. This is where Sentry Public Adjusting can help you get the most compensation for your water damage from your air conditioning. While your homeowner’s insurance may not want to cover every aspect of loss, Sentry will go to bat for you.
Important Things to Know About Air Conditioning Leaks
Air conditioning leaks can cause extensive damage to your home. While clean up from a leak may seem like a quick and easy task, the water damage can go further than a puddle you may see on your floor. Your air conditioning may be damaged beyond use and require replacement; it can also cause damage around your unit. We leave our air conditioning running while we’re at work, overnight and during the day if we have pets at home. If there is a leak that isn’t immediately caught it can cause water damage, we can’t even see – like in an attic, or outside of your home.
Water damage can also lead to mold damage in your home; it only takes 24 hours for mold to start growing in your home. If a leak isn’t caught for a week, the mold damage can be extensive at that point.
Don’t get caught off guard by water damage from your air conditioning unit. Let Sentry Public Adjusting help you handle your water damage claim from your air conditioning leak. We are professionals who can help you deal with the possibly unsafe conditions left from the water damage, especially if there is also mold damage. Mold damage can be hazardous to deal with. Sentry Public Adjusting has the proper equipment to handle these situations safely.
Why Should You Choose Sentry Public Adjusting?
Sentry Public Adjusting understands that dealing with home damages is no easy feat. We know the stress and worry that come with the plethora of paperwork and financial burden that come with water damage to your home. Sentry Public Adjusting wants to help you get your home back. We take all the claims we handle, personally. Sentry is here to help you.